Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sleds...

My sled inspiration pictures for Civil War Winter...
Victorian postcard. WIN.

The basic idea, but bigger because there will be two of us.


But I'm wondering if I should make it a) with sides/railed sides:
My logic for this is that not only might it be easier to hang on, but we shall have very large frocks on- it might be a good idea to make something to confine those.


B) Will skis on the bottom of the sled impede it's movement? I have a feeling it might just sink if the snow is too deep! I have always used saucers, and wonder if something like this would work better:

Only thing is, I've only seen Victorian sleds like the one up top (the one in the postcard and these):



The last one is a detail of a Victorian/Edwardian sled (I believe 1901) and how they were decorated. I just realized that one has handles to hold on to on the sides which also attach the blades. :P


What do you think? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment